Help & advice

Help & advice

What can we help you with?

Whatever your query is about, we aim to find you the right answer or the right person to talk to as quickly and easily as possible.

To assist local residents and business that we may impact during construction of the tunnel we have non-statutory mitigation and compensation policies, which have been approved by the Planning Inspectorate and our regulators, Ofwat. Below you can find links to information on our policies and how to apply for compensation, together with details of the Independent Advisory Service (IAS) and the Independent Compensation Panel (ICP).

If you are considering making a claim for compensation, or just wish to speak with us directly, please contact the project team on 0800 0721 086 or send us a question via the 'Ask us a question' box on this page.

Independent Advisory Service (IAS)

The Independent Advisory Service gives independent advice to those affected by our proposed works. You can call them on 0800 0721 086 between 9.00am and 5.30pm, weekdays if you have questions about mitigation and compensation policies, ground settlement or subsoil acquisition. Outside these hours, you can leave a message and an IAS representative will get back to you. You can also email the IAS team via

Independent Compensation Panel (ICP)

The Independent Compensation Panel has been set up to oversee and determine claims made under any of our non-statutory compensation policies. John Wade has been appointed as Chair of this Panel, which will include two other members who will be chosen from a pool of independent experts, depending on the nature of the claim. The Panel will ensure all applications for non-statutory compensation are dealt with in an impartial and transparent way.

If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Independent Compensation Panel, you may contact the Independent Complaints Commissioner (ICC), who will ensure that the correct process has been followed. The ICC’s role is to investigate unresolved complaints to ascertain whether the project has met its commitments and complied with agreed policies and procedures.

The Independent Compensation Panel and the Independent Complaints Commissioner will only respond to enquiries or review complaints if the Thames Tideway Tunnel team has been given the opportunity to help you first.

What's happening near me?

Please use our map tool to find out what's happening in your area.

Finding a document

Please visit our document library to see documentation from the planning process. Documents are organised by construction site, category and time period.

Contact Thames Water

For Thames Water billing and account enquiries please call Thames Water on 0800 980 8800.
Lines are open from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, from 8am to 6pm on Saturday and closed on Sunday and bank holidays.

For any calls regarding water supply and wastewater services please call Thames Water on 0800 316 9800. Lines are open 24 hours a day.

Looking for a job

See our jobs page for all vacancies. You can also see our careers and skills information.

Language help

Call 0800 0721 086 if you need a telephone language interpreter, we are open 24 hours a day.
We will call you back with an interpreter the next working day, unless your query is urgent.

Want to be a supplier?

Work with us on one of the largest construction projects of its type in Europe.

24 hour customer helpline

If you have a question, you can speak to one of our friendly team members, and we'll do our best to help.

0800 0721 086

Helpdesk information

Our 24 hr. Helpdesk is available to answer your questions about the project and help with any problems which may arise from our construction. To find out more please click here

Complaints procedure

We take seriously every complaint about Thames Tideway Tunnel construction works. We make every effort to resolve complaints without undue delay. Find our more here

Register for updates